Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cheap Transpo to Boracay

Boracay Frisbee
For those trying to get the cheapest way to go to Boracay, please note that it is not impossible with gifts of patience, wit and internet connection speed.

I booked my flight during the peak of a seat sale in Cebu Pacific. That’s an advantage in planning all your trips. Normally, they have seat sales during holidays like Xmas, New  Year, Chinese New Year, etc. For promos, like their page on Facebook and follow them on Twitter to get updates. Last December, they had this crazy Piso Sale for domestic flights. I was so overwhelmed I couldn’t make up my mind on what seats to buy and to where. The moment I got in, all the seats I wanted were gone. So you better have dates in mind and places to go as early as now. The next Piso Sale could be anytime soon.

Every single person I was going with in this flight already had their tickets booked and was waiting for my final decision on my itinerary.  My friend, Edl is a flight attendant in CebuPac and was calling me frantically about their flight schedule and was asking me if I could join. She called me during the final hours of the seat sale. It was cheap and logically, she wanted me to make up my mind fast because the seats were being taken and the prices surging. It was during the CebuPac seat sale that I bought my tickets in PAL.

I prepared P2300 for my tickets. I failed to pay on my first month so I had to pay the surcharge of the credit card company for another few pesos. My friends paid almost P3500 for their airfare. Teehee. My best friend hated it. I told you, patience is a virtue. If it doesn’t get you CebuPac seats, it gets you Philippine Airlines. For the rest of the transpo allowance you need to know, I made a rundown of all the expenses you might incur. This is if you are:
  • Travelling alone
  • Landing in Kalibo
  • In a hurry but wants to travel cheap

Airfare
       P2500 – P3500
Taxi to the airport
       P120 – P200
Tricycle from Kalibo to jeepney/shuttle terminal
       P80 – P100
Shuttle from Kalibo to Caticlan
       P100
Boat from Caticlan to Boracay
       P120 (unless you’re a 
       local – and I am! I mean, I  
       was…)
Tricycle/Single motorcycle to your station of choice
       P20 (single) / P20 per seat 
       for tricycle
Total (one way)
       P2940 – P4040

Going back? I don’t know. Just pray. I said going to Boracay, not going to Manila.

My friends took a special shuttle from Kalibo to Caticlan. Like I told you, if you are travelling alone (frugally) you cannot rent one whole shuttle to yourself, unless you’re uber rich, at which case, you’d have bought an earlier flight straight to Caticlan instead of Kalibo.

CebuPac also offers flights to Caticlan, just look for them in their website.

           Boracay: Then and Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More