Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boracay: First and Last Night (Part 3 of 4)

First and last night: Cooold water, no game, Pearl Harbor, best friend bonding, earthquake
No game was aired. I was looking forward to watching the football game in Boracay, but it was impossible. We took photos of the sunset and took a dip later in the afternoon. The water was cold. My body felt bad immediately. But the water was so nice I didn’t mind. We heard of an earthquake occurring in Manila. Personally, I didn’t mind. Some of them did. No calls from my mom, so I knew it was dismissible. Her calls are my alert warnings. Very entertaining. Especially whenever she puts in something theatrical in her texts, highlighting her being histrionic. Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel, showered and watched Pearl Harbor. Edl kept on going back to our room to ask us to go already.

“But I wanna know who will die!” cried Ch.
Hartnett died

“Someone will die?” I grumbled.

“Yesss.”

“Guys! You didn’t go to Boracay to watch Pearl Harbor!” Edl protested.

“But, I’ve never finished any movie! This is my chance!” Ch continued.

We were unmoved ‘til the end of the film, where Hartnett died. Oops. (Oh, c’mon. You must have watched it already! You’re not, well, us.)

Supper was done in a fancy restobar. I didn’t eat, because Rlf earlier gave me ¼ of their lunch at Jammers Burger. I ate it and it was huge enough to last me two more days. I was good. The kamatis tasted nasty though. It was like felt paper in my mouth.

Everyone was almost done when Ch and I arrived with Mnq and Rlf. When it was time to order their drinks, I walked away. It was also time for my evening prayer and I prayed at the beach. It was super nice. I walked back to get the camera.

“I’ll just shoot.” Before they let me go, we did some more picture-taking. Ch went with me. We walked around to look for food. She was hungry and felt that the food there cost ¼ of a plane ticket. We saw the fire dance. I took lots of photos and we headed back to a grilling station, Ch bought a hotdog stick. So Boracay. We looked for rice. We went back to the restobar and asked for one order. P35 per serving. We walked away.

Boracay moon
We went as far as D*Mall Plaza to look for cheap rice. We got nothing. She just ate her hotdog as is. Then we took photos and walked all the way to Station 1. I recounted to her my memories of Boracay. How it felt weird to be back. We sat on the beach and talked about everything. It was a nice bonding with my best friend. The last time we were together in a beach was when I turned 16.

Some foreigners (drunk ones) played around near us. A girl was screaming etc. Small brawl. I wanted to sleep on the beach.
Sittin on the Station 1 beach (How come it looks brownish?)
Ch and I headed back. No one was around anymore. We saw them buying shawarma somewhere. We found it too expensive and bought cup noodles instead. I was aching for coffee. We saw a Starbucks outlet. We went to a sari-sari store and bought a 3-n-1 sachet.

Everyone headed back to the hotel to eat and have some bonding. No drinks. We ate chichiryas (junk food) and our hot cup noodles. Past 11, and everyone was zombie tired. We slept before 12.

It was my first and last night.



           Boracay: Then and Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More