Friday, April 1, 2011

Boracay to Manila (Part 4 of 4)


Last shot before walking away

Morning: Prayer, “jogging”, lots and lots of photos
I started the day right. Woke up at 4:30 to pray. Somehow, the effect of the wind blowing against my face (I was asked to pray at the veranda for noise elimination reasons) made me feel closer to God (of course, it’s an exaggeration), but the fact that I was enjoying my nth hour in Boracay made me fill 10 minutes of my prayer with thanksgiving.

Ch and I wanted to jog early. I told her I’d wake her up at 6. I finished prayer a little before that, went back to my side of the bed and slept. We woke up at around 7. We did not jog.

No decent breakfast for us.

“We should eat brunch. It’s cost-effective,” I suggested, mentally accounting the remaining money I had in my wallet.

We took early morning photos and enjoyed it until the rest of the gang caught up with us. We made a dash back to the hotel and took a swim. GnA and Pau borrowed a bench somewhere so we didn’t have to rent one.

I couldn’t leave Boracay without any activity. I had to at least try something. I wanted to try them thrilling ones, where I could fly, be flung above air or be thrown off deep waters.

Apparently, the group had the same thought in mind. Their ideal Nki activity: sailing.
Ch shopping


I expressed my appreciation for it, but had inner reluctance. If you have been reading my Boracay series, you would know I did sailing before and being being Jeo’s daughter, I did quite some sailing. But being with friends would be different. Plus it would cost me P120. I would feel its importance in my life.

We sailed for an hour. Ch, GnA and I jumped into the water. The waves were becoming more and more enormous, so we decided to climb up the boat. By then, I was tired.
Andok's!

The group broke into smaller groups. We took a hearty meal in Andok’s, which offered cheap but decent meals. Edl and the rest ate somewhere else. The couple, Rlf and Mnq went with Ch and I. After that, another decision to split was reached. Some wanted to get a massage, some wanted to walk around (I think), and we wanted to swim some more. Mnq, Ch and I took the plunge and swam for around 30 minutes when GnA was making hand signals to us from the shore.

He was dying to ride the Jet Ski (not his first time) ever since he got there, but it was too expensive and he had no one to split it with.

“If, really, I have enough budget for that, I would go with you,” I apologetically shouted back from where we were swimming.

 Apparently, he had planned everything and negotiating with me and Ch, we went with him. The entire Jet Ski thing is written here.

2:30 pm and we were inching towards our final moments in Boracay. Ch and I went together to shop pasalubong. I don’t mind buying people souvenirs of the place they didn’t go to, but I tried withdrawing from my bank and couldn’t get any money out. So I had to choose carefully the people to give anything to. I only chose five, myself included.

Ch and Mrv on our way home
I need moneeeeeey
Final moments: Wrong ticket info, flying shuttle, back in Manila alone
Edl was strictly adhering to the schedule. Being an FA herself, she knew how to estimate time. I obviously don’t have that. She insisted we leave at 3 pm to get to Kalibo Airport on time. I declared myself free from that hassle since I was flying back alone, approx. 45 minutes later than them.

God knocked me in the head and instructed me to check my ticket again.

They were all scheduled to leave 7:00. I knew my flight was at 7:35.

Wrong. I checked the ticket – thank God I did – and saw the time to be 18:35.

“Mrv, 18 minus 12?”

“16?”

I shivered. Suddenly, it was SG all over again. I whispered my time to be earlier than expected.

“You said you’ll leave later than us!”

“I know, I know. I thought as well.”

Getting my Bible to pray
I prayed to God. Spoke in tongues as discreet as possible. It was 3 pm and time for my afternoon prayer. I prayed hard. I was setting the right atmosphere even while we were in the tricycle.

I only exposed it when they overheard me talking to the shuttle driver to let the van fly as high as he could because my flight was at 6:30. Pau didn’t like it, but we had no choice.

Montenegro boat
I was last to check in. I got in the boarding area ahead of everyone and settled my emotions down. I was confident I was going to make it anyway, but I vowed to myself never to miss details of my flights ever again.

I commuted home. I was broke already, and had no budget for a taxi ride. I texted Ch I arrived in Manila, told my folks I was coming home, and took a longed for sleep on my ever beloved bed.

We flooded the news feed in FB the next day.



           Boracay: Then and Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More