Friday, February 4, 2011

Scratch That


I write on anything. Yesterday, as we were practically trying to busy ourselves with to our non-busyness, my officemate, the beautiful Rsh, asked me what was I doing. (Re-phrased: What are you doing so you could look busy?) And she saw me writing the blog entry I had about my surname. I was writing at the bottom of the salary article I was making for an IT job in SG.

I write on receipts, bills, notebooks, library books (no, I don’t think I write on those), tissue papers, notepads, cellphones, and even at the bottom of news articles I write for the magazine I’m currently working on.

Because of this impulsive activity, I often feared that I would post articles with a stanza of a poem at the bottom of it in one of the news websites I post to.

I was writing a sponsorship letter and was blogging at the same time. I wrote the blog stuff at the bottom of the letter. I cut it and sent the copy to my colleague for checking. I pasted the entry again at the bottom and continued writing. Then she asked me for the revision. I was done posting the entry. I made the revision and sent the letter back to her, only for her to ask, “What is this?” She started reading the first lines, and those sounded familiar. I laughed upon answering her, with a slight tinge of embarrassment. Asked her to erase the damned thing and opened the file myself. I saw the entry at the bottom part. It was funny. I could imagine her sending the letter to people abroad reading a couple of lines from my blog entry. That would be scandalous and funny at the same time. I should stop this. Else, I might end up converting people I don’t know through business letters.

Image source: http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.com/images/6685782/inspiring,quote,quotes,post,it,motivational,gbaehb-b0e4551b6447352b5ecd29da241a05a2_h_large.jpg?1296267697

2 comments:

Haha. That was fast.

Thanks for the special mention. :)

Haha. Didn't notice you commented. Well, I'm not done fixing this site. It's been up for more than a month now, but I'm still too busy with Tumblr. Haha. Naks, ikaw na ang unang commenter.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More