Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We live in a world of biodegradables

Kenneth Cobonpue: World's First Biodegrable Car


It’s more beautiful than the Batmobile – a testament of how truly amazing Filipinos are. But sometimes, I am slightly bothered by our tendency to overreact whenever we hear of Filipino achievements abroad. Let’s say for example, a certain designer gets the Hollywood nod for creating avant-garde furniture pieces. We become aware of it, and the awareness wells into increasing enthusiasm, then a buzz is escalated into full-blown news that ring in our media sphere for weeks. I have nothing against us celebrating our Filipino achievements, but are we that intimated as a nation that simple things make us giddy? Like me! Other nations don’t do it. Maybe because they already know they’re good. I just hope we know we’re that good. Or we do. We’re just too humble to act it out. Or I don’t know. I don’t know.

Kenneth Cobonpue from Inquirer.net

And this is not about a small thing. When I read the news, I even felt like I was transported in another universe. It looked completely alien and otherworldly.

Imagine yourself creating a masterpiece that makes people’s hair rise. I am convinced our talents, when pooled, can create a new world.

I have a question though. Was this created with Manila in mind? Because I simply cannot drive this car around without feeling my carbon exposure meter shooting to the heavens. And by “biodegradable," does it mean the design disintegrate during the flood season? Like paper?

There’s talk about installing electric motor power into it. So it was not made with the idea of it actually performing transportation functions?

It doesn't matter. I love KC. I love Filipinos. I love cars. I don't own one. I just like saying it.

For the article on World’s 1st Biodegradable car, please click on the link.

Image source.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More