Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome to my world (or wires and sound)



Wires that make me happy (colored after our church's motif)


I've always hated wires. The mere sight of wires, especially the uncoiled ones that look like my hair without mousse or oil, makes me uneasy.


So being the head of the technical team in our sattelite church breaks all my limitations as a person. My love-hate relationship with wires dates back to my college days when one of my roommates was our university's tech person. He would (yes, we were shamefully coed in our condo) create his works-of-art in a space in front of the airconditioner and solder wires and metals to death. We would choke in the process (we do not open our windows that much because we felt that the ac was made for functioning 24/7). After his midnight work, which was done not for a school project or org program, he would leave everything he used lying on the floor. His "workstation" will be littered with electrical tapes, small cut wires, long wires, plastics, soldering iron, and sometimes the remains of his creation if it survive his experiment.


And I, being the lone responsible person the house (hehe), would clean up after him. Anyone assigned to clean for that day would often leave the workstation alone, so I was the only one brave enough to wander in 
its territory.


My (Our) beloved mixer - I took this even before Ktn's photo ha


It wasn't trauma, it was a perverse past. The wires remind me of twenty minutes of hunchback-ing the floor with the small walis tambo we bought in Baclaran on the week we first moved in. Our walis was the miniature one used in cars, around 24 inches tall, so sweeping brought in terrors of backpain and discomfort.


God has ways of breaking our limitations. When called me to the tech ministry, I was not only challenged - all the sound spinning lessons I have in my head were done only in my head - but I was also humbled. When God said I can do it, I knew I could do it.


So I studied and re-studied a lot about the tech world. I subscribe to online newsletters, listen and watch audio-visual techniques until I can function well in the ministry and eventually teach other people to learn it as well.


I was empty, and God started to slowly fill me up with what He has in store for me.


I have not reached the highest excellence in the ministry He has entrusted me yet, but I must say, I've grown to appreciate how He guides me. He is a loving God. Glory to Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More