Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tech stuff have lessons too


WARNING: The entry below will be very hard to read.


This is a lesson on wants.

Last week, as Ii ws cleaningmy keyboard, an activity which for years I’ve evaded doing, I accidently pouredout alcohol on  some of the spaces. Th liquid slowly seeped ionto the keybvord skelton ttht  I didn’t know it was my keyboar’s last remaning moments. And because it’ th nnioversaryoff our church, I had to immediately turn on the laptop to edit ssome of th finl video aniomattions I was preparing for the service that afternoon.

When I turned on th laptop and klyed in th password, some of the letters were tripling up as I tryped them. It was excruciating as I  hd to guess a  couple of ties how many letters  got typed in and how many were tto bb erased.

I should have taken that a a signal of my impending pain.

Only aft getting inn did I rrealise I migthave poured out alcohol into the keyboard. I immediately turned the laptop off aand switched on the eelectrcif fan to dry the inside up.

Acording to legends and  personal experiences, when liquid enters your  hardware, just leave to try for a long period, probably for days, before yyou turn it on again, and it worked well for y ipod, which was included  in one off the laundry pins inside our washing machine and came out al suddy and sparkly clean. I lefit to itself for two months.

In my case with the laptopo, I was very patient nd turne it on after  30 minutes.

Annd whjen I used  my  keyboards, the formerly tripling letters were unresponsive nd I  had to resort to reminiscing to movce on. I  never imagined how hard life is without an “e” or a “y” and most especially,the  function of ENTER.

Andd for, one week has to pass by before I could get my hands on a porble  keyboard ttached to y laptopp’s usb port. This is typerwritten without much revisions to rmind myel that I havce been tking mykeyboar  for granted. I seem to have forgotten how essential kebords are. I havew ben prying for a replacement and for days, I told myelf that shoud the replacement arrive, I will finish on some articles I have working on etc. But ow tht it is here, I stared aat th monitor blnkly never r knowing which to dso first. This is insane.

Lesson: Never take anything for granted and never deire for something when you’;re still not readay for it. Cox when it comes and you’re not ready yet, it will all be a waste o time. Like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More