Monday, April 18, 2011

Ruminations on Mood

From Brainless Tales


It shifts shape like soft clay and the moment you think it has taken its final form, you will find yourself losing its materiality again.

It has its own phases, pretty much like the moon, and it’s so hard to comprehend, like you are cursed to think and think about it. Mood is a tenacious term and ‘tis sad to think I belong to the gender that carries it randomly as the channels on your cable tv.

Someone told me as a girl, I am bound to reflect the age-long discrepancy between man and woman, and mood – mood swing – is the single most repulsive thing men don’t understand in us.

I guess it’s a fact, but I know it’s not a truth. I am not a moody person. I don’t let others suffer from my own suffering, experience hardship when I feel hardship, experience pain when I have pain. Though I would often be affected by, let’s say, profound things like a dead rat outside our house this morning, which was revolting yet the sadness of the reality that its life has ceased to exist subsisted in my daily memory.

The apostolic response requires people not to act according to one’s situation but according to God’s directives. We are not supposed to be swayed by circumstances, be depressed by problems or just be plainly affected by anything. Our response to things is the shaper of our environment, having been granted the power to do so. This entry is all about that. I don’t like to affect people negatively, but to impact lives in the right way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More