Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On flaps

The time was unbelievably early, but it was no surprise. I actually reminded God that night to wake me up at the right time. I prayed at around 4:15 and finished early enough to get to Ch's house at 5:25. She was up already when I arrived - another surprise. For some strange reason, only the sky did not surprise me, it was still half empty and no stars were apparently awake that time.

We did 1 KM only. Then the next half kilometer was done chitchatting. Ch is preparing for a marathon so she needed to shape up. I am, well, her best friend and jog buddy. It was our first time to run together again. It was nice. I've been jogging alone and having someone beside you is welcomed.

Right before we took off, I saw the sole of my right shoe moving from its place and I feared it would fall off from its attachment.

It didn't. The after thirty minutes of running, and French chatting, I managed to survive the possible ordeal of running with a dysfunctional shoe. But as I walked further, I felt a salient flapping below my right foot. It was falling off. Good job. I basically dragged my foot to the end of the street where Ch and I were to part and walked alone to draw way too much attention to myself. By then, tricycle drivers were out, vendors were on their way to their stores from the wet market, tambays were still out off course, students were on their way to school, and my shoe was the best thing to be seen that boring morning. It was a pair of blue Nike running shoes and without the flapping thing underneath it, it already was an attention-grabber.

I thought of taking it off, but I couldn't stand the mud on the road, so I made sure I dragged it beautifully til I reached the Jrl residence. Upon arrival, I immediately called after Hny and asked for a pair of slippers.

"Need it. Emergency."

I took off the shoes and changed into one of the pink floral slippers I saw. The pinkness of the slippers was better. I went home and asked my mom to ask our helper to glue the sole back for tomorrow, Ch still has to run again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More