Friday, February 4, 2011

X X xx XOXO LXO

Not a long time ago, I met a guy who practically put an X in every message he gave me: texts, emails, pm's, etc. I was wondering at first what that meant. Wanted to reply doing the same thing but thought it was too much. Then, after a while, I realized that most of his friends were doing the same thing. Then everyone from UK that I know. Then all the Brits do it.

I was puzzled crazy. Like I thought it was the new generation period and I was too busy living in my beloved third world country that I didn't notice.

Then I finally googled it and thanks to answers.yahoo.com, I finally found out why. According to the best answer voted here, my eyes popped open with this:


x is a kiss
o is a hug
(L) is on msn a red heart
(U) broken heart
(Y) thumbs up
(f) rose
(W) dead rose
:# face that has a zipped mouth so dont tell anyone
(N) thumbs down
(8) a musical note so we ues it to quote song lyrics n stuff
:@ angry face



There was a disclaimer at the bottom part which states that X does not necessarily mean "like" or that person is in love and wants to kiss the other. It was just an affectionate way of ending a comment.


Ugh. I think my virgin phone, email and FB account received their first kiss from a Brit guy. Haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More