Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Buddy Wanted

I finally found my new adventure buddy. Having decided that I want to be a serious hiker and photographer at the same time (blame that to my desire to become one of Nat Geo’s female videographer/photographer), I started scheduling myself for serious hikes (blame it to my reading of A Walk in the Woods). My best friend wanted to accompany me. She’s more serious when it comes to hiking than me. But since we both desired to travel to different shores, we decided to travel more this year.

Here’s the dilemma. My best friend’s an adventure-seeker (we both aren’t afraid of anything), but she’s not into photography.

Enters by old pal, Geert. He’s almost a digital geek like me: loves photography, editing, tech stuff and whatnots. But the only problem with Geert is that, well, he’s a guy. I can’t just go out checking in hotels and resorts and climbing mountains with him and him only. Also, I don’t think he’s adventurous enough to try crazy stuff. He’s a reckless home buddy and a boring one at that.

Steng is another option. Having had such crazy past with him, he and I became super great friends, a status which I never imagined we’d be into now. I respect him and he respects me. I love him and we love our relationship as is. But he’s not always available. And he’s too complicated to drive with sometimes.

Enters Langerhans. I call her that because of her real name. What’s cool about her is this: she loves photography and she loves adventure. Wee. Perfect.

Now I find myself planning week-end hikes with her and day-long road trips just so we could get photos. Great ones. For Nat Geo or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More