Saturday, February 5, 2011

Languages

OK. Studying two languages at the same time is crazy. But I do believe I can do it.

Funny thing about the French thing is that I can speak it but cannot spell it. I can speak it with the proper pronunciation but written down, I cannot even begin to visualize some words. Like I invented some stuff and I don't really know French.

The problem with the Hebrew thing is the exact opposite. I can spell it, but I have no idea on how to speak/pronounce it.  I cannot construct phrases/sentences yet. I just know simple words that when uttered, make no sense if not used.

The reason for this insane endeavor is the fact that I like exercising my verbal side of my brain. I like words. And French is my crush language. It just sounds so sweet to my ears. I've been around it but never really got to formally take time to learn it.

After this, just having a great conversation with anyone, I would then enroll in Instituto for the Spanish one. Kr prodded me to do it. I will. But for now, I just have to get past the stage of pronouncing Oui with a Hebrew accent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More